Saturday, November 29, 2008


Every cloud got silver lining(s).

A very good maxim to picture that ain’t no person got no problem. Everyone did. So does me. So does you.

Calamitous day for me I presume.

Today, I broke my handphone’s screen and lost my silver ring that my mom gave to me. I’m feeling so much depress and sad right now. Such, I realized that what is happening to me, is not as big as what others might be facing. It such a teensy-weensy problem. And might not be the baddest problem that I ought to face.

But do the calamities happen for no reason?

Allah said in al-Quran;

No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lawh Al-Mahfooz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allah. In order that you may not grieve at the things over that you fail to get, nor rejoice over that which has been given to you. And Allah likes not prideful boasters. (Al-Hadeed: 22-23)

We rejoice every second that Allah gives to us. We live our life to the fullest. And when the misfortune comes, we smile and say that Allah knows best; what is good and what is bad for us. What we thought as ordeal and bitter might be the greatest thing that Allah grants us with. Being positive might help changing the way we’re thinking.

Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, “When (will come) the Help of Allah?” Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near! (Al-Baqarah:214)

It’s just a test for the believers, and how we indulge the test with patient. And it’ll only happen with Allah’s permission. We as slaves may only affirm His greatness.

Say; “Nothing shall ever happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us. He is our Lord, Helper and Protector”. And in Allah let the believers put their trust. (At-Taubah:51)

Thus, calamities are a means of expiation of sin and raising one's status.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “There is nothing that befalls a believer, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allah will record one good deed for him and will remove one bad deed from him.”(Narrated by Muslim)

Things may be bitter than I expected. Thank you Allah for still giving me chances!

Posted by Posted by Ariff Arifin at 7:19 AM
Categories: Labels:

 

0 comments:

 
>